Shh, don't tell anyone it's Monday.
Alright, I have a set of fully completed dishcloths! I went for a three-cloth citrusy theme, so I used some of my Sugar 'n Cream Hot Orange, Yellow, and Hot Green yarns. It's been a busy month, so I opted for a pretty and simple shell-like stitch pattern that I could easily whip out. I found this stitch on Pinterest, of course, being used for a blanket here. I haven't been able to weigh them yet, but I'll update my total with the Stash-Buster masters soon.
These were a bit daunting to start at first, because the tutorial is all in Polish and even with a Google translation I still don't understand much more than the word "blanket." But there is a symbol pattern provided, so I managed to successfully crochet some cloths with it - I think these are my first solely symbol-made projects!
Anyway, as the pictures kind of show, I tested out a different border on each cloth. The green one is just the single crochet base, the yellow is a shell border, and the orange is the accursed crab stitch. I managed to get that last one mostly right, but it's just way too much work for a stitch I don't really like the looks of. I thought it would be a good srubby border for a dishcloth though, so I may end up tackling it again in the future.
Other than that, I am still working on my baby blanket, plus starting some starfish washcloths for my mom's bathroom. I should have a few of those ready for the next update. Which reminds me; my stash updates will now be every other Sunday, because in the span of a single week I may not get any crocheting done at all that is worth showing to you. Two weeks should give me enough time though, no matter what is going on.
Alright, goodbye for now everyone. Be on the lookout for my post on making your own air-dry porcelein... My difficult project with it kind of turned out well enough to tell you about it.
See you next time!