Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 Days off Your Duff {Day 29} - Lemon Thyme Tequila Spritzer

This is an amazing drink I made over the summer. I got the recipe from Sarah (who got it from Kelly Brisson at The Gouda Life) at Taste of Home. I think I fell in love with the both of them the moment I tasted these drinks.

Don't look at my pitcher. It's boring and my computer won't let me crop it out.



Now, as much as Sarah told us that she likes cocktails, she still just didn't convey how delicious these are. And neither can I; you'll have to try them yourself.

I say this now because the recipe I'm about to give you is for 1 pitcher, which just isn't enough of this incredible drink. You should go ahead and quadruple it... and then lock yourself in your home, put on some BBC Sherlock, and gulp sip away.

Ingredients

- 5 Lemons
- 1 package of fresh Thyme sprigs
- Sparkling Water to fill your intended container(s)
- 1/2 a cup of Tequila
- Ice
- 1.5 cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1.5 cups of Water

There is at least one commentor who says these drinks are too sweet, so she cuts down on the sugar. I honestly can't remember if I just followed the recipe exactly or not... I believe I did, and I liked how they turned out. But, I do not particularly enjoy the taste of alcohol, so I'm a little biased.

Now to Make...

Alright, do you have all your ingredients yet?? I'm so excited! Hooraaaay!

First, calm down, lest you burn yourself in the next part.

Now, you need to make the syrup that will give your drink its yummy flavour.

So grab a medium saucepan and put in:

- zest from 1 of your lemons - about 1 tbls worth (this lemon will also need to be juiced, so do these two things in whichever order you feel you need to)
- 3 thyme sprigs
- all 1.5 cups of your sugar
- all 1.5 cups of your water

Bring these to a gentle boil, stirring a little if the sugar isn't dissolving. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then remove from the stove and let it cool for ten minutes.

Juice 4 of your lemons, including the zested one. Juice from 4 lemons equals about 8-12 tbls.

Slice your remaining lemon into pretty circles and wedges for garnish.

Strain your cooled syrup into your pitcher (this recipe assumes you have a 1L pitcher), add all the lemon juice and tequila. Drop in some ice cubes, lemon and thyme garnishes, and fill up with your sparkling water. Don't worry, you're almost there!

Now grab your glass, or glasses if you are being forced to share, and add desired garnishes and ice cubes. Then fill to the top with your scrumptious concoction!

Repeat daily for most divine results.

And don't blame me (or the other two girls) if you become addicted to these cocktails.


No comments:

Post a Comment